Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Lipofsky <da...@nuserve.com> on 2002/09/19 22:06:40 UTC

Re: two instances of tomcat (in diferent ports) on the samemachine

We have several developers using the same Solaris machine.
Each has their own install of tomcat in their home directory,
and of course their own setting for CATALINA_HOME
in their .profile file.  We have no problems with it.
- Dan

Posted by Matthew Hannigan <ml...@zip.com.au>.
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 01:06:40PM -0700, Dan Lipofsky wrote:
> We have several developers using the same Solaris machine.
> Each has their own install of tomcat in their home directory,
> and of course their own setting for CATALINA_HOME
> in their .profile file.  We have no problems with it.
> - Dan
>

> > I tried that... but I get some kind of conflict with CATALINA_HOME...

How to do this in the docs.  You don't use CATALINE_HOME,
you use CATALINA_BASE.

And have your own conf, logs, temp, webapps, work
under CATALINA_BASE.

Mat