Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2014/05/19 14:37:44 UTC

Forms require that the request method be POST

Hi Everyone, I'm using 5.4 and I've continued to randomly see this
exception popup in multiple applications. I'm wondering what it means and
how to fix it. Thanks.

Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query
parameter have values.org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException:
Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query
parameter have values. [at
classpath:org/healthresearch/eprs/pages/Purchase_Request.tml, line 2] at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.logAndRethrow(OperationTrackerImpl.java:121)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:88)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.invoke(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:87)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.invoke(RegistryImpl.java:1124)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementResourcesImpl.invoke(ComponentPageElementResourcesImpl.java:146)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1058)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.handle(ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.java:81)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.handle(ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.java:42)
at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_16eae9ba3622.handle(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AjaxFilter.handle(AjaxFilter.java:42)
at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_16eae9ba3622.handle(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.upload.internal.services.UploadExceptionFilter.handle(UploadExceptionFilter.java:75)
at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_16eae9ba3622.handle(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$41.handle(TapestryModule.java:2476)
at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_16eae9ba3622.handle(Unknown Source) at
$ComponentEventRequestHandler_16eae9ba3588.handle(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.handleComponentEvent(ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.java:43)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.InitializeActivePageName.handleComponentEvent(InitializeActivePageName.java:39)
at $ComponentRequestHandler_16eae9ba358a.handleComponentEvent(Unknown
Source) at
org.tynamo.security.SecurityComponentRequestFilter.handleComponentEvent(SecurityComponentRequestFilter.java:42)
at $ComponentRequestFilter_16eae9ba3587.handleComponentEvent(Unknown
Source) at
$ComponentRequestHandler_16eae9ba358a.handleComponentEvent(Unknown Source)
at $ComponentRequestHandler_16eae9ba3558.handleComponentEvent(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventDispatcher.dispatch(ComponentEventDispatcher.java:46)
at $Dispatcher_16eae9ba355b.dispatch(Unknown Source) at
$Dispatcher_16eae9ba3554.dispatch(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:302)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:26)
at $RequestHandler_16eae9ba3555.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:902)
at $RequestHandler_16eae9ba3555.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:892)
at $RequestHandler_16eae9ba3555.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:90)
at $RequestHandler_16eae9ba3555.service(Unknown Source) at
$RequestHandler_16eae9ba354b.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:253)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.upload.internal.services.MultipartServletRequestFilter.service(MultipartServletRequestFilter.java:44)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_16eae9ba354d.service(Unknown Source) at
org.got5.tapestry5.jquery.services.AjaxUploadServletRequestFilter.service(AjaxUploadServletRequestFilter.java:27)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_16eae9ba354d.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)
at $HttpServletRequestFilter_16eae9ba3547.service(Unknown Source) at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_16eae9ba354d.service(Unknown Source) at
org.tynamo.security.filter.SecurityRequestFilter$3.doFilter(SecurityRequestFilter.java:179)
at
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:359)
at
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:275)
at
org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90)
at
org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83)
at
org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:344)
at
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:272)
at
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:81)
at
org.tynamo.security.filter.SecurityRequestFilter.service(SecurityRequestFilter.java:174)
at $HttpServletRequestFilter_16eae9ba3549.service(Unknown Source) at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_16eae9ba354d.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$1.service(TapestryModule.java:852)
at $HttpServletRequestHandler_16eae9ba354d.service(Unknown Source) at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_16eae9ba352e.service(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:171) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)
at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) Caused by:
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException: Forms require that
the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have
values. [at classpath:org/healthresearch/eprs/pages/Purchase_Request.tml,
line 2] at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.processEventTriggering(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1141)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.access$3100(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:61)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$5.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1062)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$5.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1059)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:74)
... 73 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Forms require that the
request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.
at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.executeStoredActions(Form.java:649)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.advised$onAction_16eae9ba35bb(Form.java:539)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form$Invocation_onAction_16eae9ba35ba.proceedToAdvisedMethod(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.plastic.AbstractMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractMethodInvocation.java:84)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.LoggingAdvice.advise(LoggingAdvice.java:37)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.plastic.AbstractMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractMethodInvocation.java:86)
at org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.onAction(Form.java) at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.dispatchComponentEvent(Form.java)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatchEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:940)
at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.processEventTriggering(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1117)
... 77 more

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
That depends on if the page containing the form and/or form handlers
@RequiresAuthentication or @RequiresUser.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll see if I can find the culprit now that I
know why it's happening.

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Eugen <eu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have had this kind of exception then i tried to submit a form
> programmatically from an Applet (HttpClient) without sending the
> formData field.

> kristian.marinkovic@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > check if it is the same client. i once had the same problem. After
> several
> > hours of investigation it was a developer with a browser plugin (web
> > developer) which enabled converting form post requests to get requests.
> >
> > hope this helps.
> >
> > g,
> > Kris
> >

> > On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM, George Christman
> > <gc...@cardaddy.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Let me do some more homework now that I at least now how it's thrown.
> >> Thanks Thiago.

> no
> any

> >> --
> >> George Christman
> >> www.CarDaddy.com
> >> P.O. Box 735
> >> Johnstown, New York

George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by Eugen <eu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2014 11:44:06 -0300, George Christman <
> gchristman@cardaddy.com> wrote:
>
>  In this particular case the application sits behind a firewall with no
>> public access so I don't believe this is bot activity.  Do you have any
>> other thoughts?
>>

> Do you have any information on when this exception actually happens?
> Otherwise, we can only guess. That exception usually happens when a
> Tapestry form URL is requested without the form fields, hence the bot
> suspicion.
>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.