Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2003/12/17 00:36:28 UTC

foreign key in another database

Hello.
I have been looking through the mail-archives and I don't seem to
be able to come up with the answer.  I am probably missing it somewhere
but I thought I'd try the list.

I have two schema files in my schema directory.  Because I am using two
databases for this project.  But, sometimes the foreign key in a table
is referencing a table that is in the other database.  Torque blows up
at this point and doesn't let me use this.

Is this because it isn't allowed in sql (mssql for me)?  Or is it a
"limitation" of torque?  I want to create my java files and they don't
care what database tables are in.  They just need to relate to each
other.  So I just want torque to skip over the fact that the table is
in another database and carry on like it usually would.

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot.

Charlie

Re: foreign key in another database

Posted by Charles-Alexandre Sabourdin <ka...@dedaletechnology.com>.
To me this beaviour is forbiden in SQL, but you can map (link) one table from
a database  to another table in a other database.

Le Mercredi 17 Décembre 2003 00:36, Charles N. Harvey III a écrit :
> Hello.
> I have been looking through the mail-archives and I don't seem to
> be able to come up with the answer.  I am probably missing it somewhere
> but I thought I'd try the list.
>
> I have two schema files in my schema directory.  Because I am using two
> databases for this project.  But, sometimes the foreign key in a table
> is referencing a table that is in the other database.  Torque blows up
> at this point and doesn't let me use this.
>
> Is this because it isn't allowed in sql (mssql for me)?  Or is it a
> "limitation" of torque?  I want to create my java files and they don't
> care what database tables are in.  They just need to relate to each
> other.  So I just want torque to skip over the fact that the table is
> in another database and carry on like it usually would.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> Charlie

Charles-Alexandre