Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Joel Trunick <jo...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/03/08 17:16:37 UTC

JavaMail & HiveMind

What is the accepted way to send mail using HiveMind? Does someone have
an example? I know in Spring how this is done, is it appropriate to
build out a similar system to Spring?

I wouldn't mind contributing whatever I came up with, but I'd like to
get consensus on what the proper way to do this within HiveMind (as I am
a HiveMind newbie). Spring has the JavaMailSender, that has some API's
such as "createMimeMessage", sendMessage()" etc. It has a concept of a
"Mail Preparator" as well. Is this system bogus, or is there a better
HiveMind way? In fact, how would I just get hold of a proper mail
session?

Joel

PS. Is "HiveMind" a reference to "Ender's Game"?

RE: JavaMail & HiveMind

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Well, there's nothing built-in to HiveMind at this time for that.  But, the
way to go about it would be to first start off by writing a
ServiceImplementationFactory which creates mail sessions.  You would want to
provide a mechanism for setting up the Properties object used to create the
Session, using factory parameters.  I would imagine that you would want a
mail session to use the threaded service model, right?  Then, from there,
you would build services which require a reference to your mail session
object (such as JavaMailSender and MailPreparator).  Does that make sense?