Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by christophe grosjean <cg...@info.fundp.ac.be> on 2000/12/05 10:18:13 UTC

new user : modules mod_jk.so and mod_rewrite.so

Hi,

How can I get modules such as mod_jk.so (is this one better than
mod_jserv.so?)
and mod_rewrite.so.  ?

Christophe

Re: new user : modules mod_jk.so and mod_rewrite.so

Posted by "Robert B. Easter" <re...@comptechnews.com>.
On Tuesday 05 December 2000 04:18, christophe grosjean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get modules such as mod_jk.so (is this one better than
> mod_jserv.so?)
> and mod_rewrite.so.  ?
>
> Christophe

For mod_rewrite:

cd into the "src" directory of apache.
Edit the file "Configuration" and uncomment the line for mod_rewrite.
Run ./configure with --enable-module=rewrite
This builds mod_rewrite into apache.

http://www.engelschall.com/pw/apache/rewriteguide/

For mod_jk, this comes with the tomcat source:

cd src/native/apache1.3
cp Makefile.linux Makefile
Edit Makefile and make sure the apxs path is right and whatever else.
Then, run "make"
Copy the mod_jk.so file to $APACHE_HOME/libexec
You'll have to read the tomcat docs to setup httpd.conf to load the mod_jk.so
and other stuff that is in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf.  It says that you
just: Include $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf into httpd.conf, but you'll want
to edit mod_jk.conf and add:

(after LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so )
AddModule mod_jk.c
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
... rest of file
</IfModule>