Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rama chandrula <rc...@hotmail.com> on 2006/01/23 09:44:32 UTC

validating a single textbox for two mask values

Hi,

I have a text box in which I can either enter a E-mail address or the Phone
number.
I want to use Struts-Validator for validating the format of both the email
and phone number.

How can I specify the values of both the masks for the same text box.
In the snippet given below, contactID is used to refer the email address.
Is the following correct ?

<form name="myForm">
            <field property="addContactID"
                   depends="mask">
               <arg0 key="prompt.contactID"/>
               <arg1 key="error.invalid.contactID"/>
               <var>
                   <var-name>mask</var-name>
                   <var-value>(${contactID})|(${phoneNumber})</var-value>
               </var>
            </field>
        </form>

Re: validating a single textbox for two mask values

Posted by rama chandrula <rc...@hotmail.com>.

ContactID and phoneNumber are regualr expressions that are used more than
once in the validation.xml and hence are deifned using constants.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.