Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Adrian Ivan <ad...@coena.ro> on 2009/04/14 16:59:59 UTC

Embedded Solr weird behaviour

Hello,

I am using both Solr server and Solr embedded versions in the same context.

I am using the Solr Server for indexing data which can be accessed at
enterprise level, and the embedded version in a desktop application.

The idea is that both index the same data, have the same schema.xml and
config.

My problem: when querying both versions I get different results for this
case:

query="adventure AND category:Publishing Industry"

Please note that 'Publishing Industry" is actually composed by 2 words.

For the Server version it works very well, for the Embedded version, I
get no result.

In this case:
query="adventure AND category:Book" - I get correct results with both
version.

"category" is a field type in my schema.

I noticed that when I have something like: AND category:'composed
words', the Embedded version fails.

In the schema I tried making the category fieldType as text, string,
etc, but no results

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Adrian