Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2002/12/15 21:38:37 UTC

RE: Almost there...Updated Apach-Tomcat with mod_jk .. please he lp!

Jake,

Thanks for supplying me with that info.  I will certainly refer to it, when
I set up Tomcat again.  However, first I need to get Apache back up and
running.  I know this is slightly off topic, but can you tell me how to
check what else is trying to access port 443.  Someone suggested that
multiple instances of Apache may be running, but I do not know how to check
this.  Nothing else should be accessing this port.  I ran netstat and
couldn't believe the stuff that was in it - I have no idea what it is...  It
wasn't there a week ago.  I tried to attach a file with the netstat output
but get an error message so I will paste below.  I am trying desperately to
avoid having to reinstall Apache, because of a third party connector that a
rep came out to install and connect to Apache.

Thanks for looking :)
Denise

netstat output:

Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State

tcp        0    256 192.168.254.87:ssh      192.168.253.5:3082
ESTABLISHED
Active UNIX domain sockets (w/o servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  10     [ ]         DGRAM                    929    /dev/log
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     131905
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     131904
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     131903
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     131902
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2032   /tmp/.famnz0vAN
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2031
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2021
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-2142838061391085347
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2020
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2016
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-2142838061391085347
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2014
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2011
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-536138017165394400
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2009
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2008
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-2137805962362223141
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2006
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2005
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-12404596331839261261
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2004
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2001
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-1562563961725753451
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     2000
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1999
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-12404596331839261261
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1997
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1993
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-1562563961725753451
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1992
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1983   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1982
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1975   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1974
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1941
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-18063637581552786418
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1940
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1925
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-4728988062064810212
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1920
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1909
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1894   /tmp/.ICE-unix/1049
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1893
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1890   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1889
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1885
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-1562563961725753451
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1884
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1874
/tmp/orbit-root/orb-1562563961725753451
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1872
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1866   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1865
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1864
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1853   /tmp/.ICE-unix/1049
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1852
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1849   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1848
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1839   /tmp/.ICE-unix/1049
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1838
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1835   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1834
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1769   /tmp/.ICE-unix/1049
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1768
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1690   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1689
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1659   /tmp/.ICE-unix/1049
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1658
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1657   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1656
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1643   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1642
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1513
/tmp/.font-unix/fs7100
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1512
unix  4      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1515   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     1505
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1425
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1371
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1297
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1218
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    995
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    938

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.

At 03:38 PM 12/15/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Jake,
>
>Thanks for supplying me with that info.  I will certainly refer to it, when
>I set up Tomcat again.  However, first I need to get Apache back up and
>running.  I know this is slightly off topic, but can you tell me how to
>check what else is trying to access port 443.

Not sure what you meant by "trying to access" but that would not be the
problem, if you mean that literally.  Rather, the problem is that some
application is listening at port 443.  You have something that is listening
at port 443 for others to access.  So, you should have a server set to
listen at 443.

Micael

you