Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Jorge Quilcate <qu...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/25 15:02:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin API (incubating) version 0.2.1

Hello Zipkin Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Zipkin API (incubating) version 0.2.1.

The release candidates: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zipkin/zipkin-api/0.2.1/

Git tag for the release: https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin-api/tree/v0.2.1

Hash for the release tag: 1e7797f72c5132d9ccc5612de949dc3f3fe312b6

Release Notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin-api/releases/tag/v0.2.1

The artifacts have been signed with Key : 50D90C2C, which can be found in the keys file: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zipkin/KEYS

Verification Hints:
For your convenience, the below includes detailed how-to on verifying a source release. Please note that this document is a work-in-progresshttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/Verifying+a+Source+Release

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Zipkin (Incubating) Team

[VOTE] [CANCEL] Release Apache Zipkin API (incubating) version 0.2.1

Posted by Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya <qu...@gmail.com>.
Cancelling this vote in order to restart another release candidate with
required files in place.

Jorge.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin API (incubating) version 0.2.1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org>.
Thank you for clarifying! That makes total sense. That means once a new
release is cut with DISCLAIMER in there, we should be good to go.

I've updated the checker script to explicitly allow CONTRIBUTING(.md) to be
missing from the source archive, and started tracking the story of
configuring allowed git-release diffs per repo in
https://github.com/openzipkin-contrib/apache-release-verification/issues/20.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org>.
Hi

From the dist source tar, there are thift/proto/yml files in there.

The question, "Which files should be included in the source release?",
could be only answered by the community.
The incubator and foundation just make sure the copyright/license are right.

Based on my understanding, these thrift and yml files belong to Zipkin, so
include or exclude are both fine.

If I get the wrong context, please point out :)

Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org> 于2019年4月26日周五 下午4:02写道:

Posted by Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.