Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Guy Divita <Gu...@hsc.utah.edu> on 2013/12/12 19:52:57 UTC

newbie question: how to run ctakes clinical pipeline behind a firewall

Apologies if this has been answered already,

I'm new to ctakes 3.1.0, have installed it behind a firewall at the VA, and am wondering how to run it using the UMLS dictionary lookup component from behind the VA firewall which does not allow for any communication outside its own network.  I have successfully installed and run it from a location that it can do the umls license verification, now would like to run on sensitive data.

Many thanks in advance,

Guy Divita
University of Utah
VA Salt Lake City

Re: newbie question: how to run ctakes clinical pipeline behind a firewall

Posted by Karthik Sarma <ks...@ksarma.com>.
Hmm, I'd guess that you might have to download and install the UMLS on a
server inside the firewall (doable). Anyone else have ideas?

--
Karthik Sarma
UCLA Medical Scientist Training Program Class of 20??