Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hughes, Tim" <ti...@capgemini.no> on 2001/06/18 15:23:13 UTC

RE: Advice: SSLifying a Tomcat+IIS setup

Hello,

I first setup Tomcat as a "standalone" running as an NT service. I have also
now plugged Tomcat into an IIS server so that I can either use Tomcat as a
standalone or query IIS which then forwards the request to Tomcat.
Everything works hunkydory and I think Tomcat is great. So clean!

I now would like to SSLify the servlets/JSPs responses that Tomcat serves up
(I don't care about SSLify any of the pages that IIS serves up). I would
like to have the SSL working such that it SSLifies the servlets/JSP
or via IIS.

I have read the documentation supplied with Tomcat (in particular "Tomcat
and SSL"). But it does not give me enough information and I don't want to go
charging in and mess up my nice smoothly working setup. How should I go
about installing SSL so that it works the way I want it (i.e. SSLifying the
servlets/JSP responses irrespective of whether the original request came
direct to Tomcat or via IIS). Is it enough to just follow the instructions
in the doc "Tomcat and SSL" in the subsection "SSL direct" or is there more
to it than that?

(Software: jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1 running as NT service, IIS 4.0, JDK1.3.1)

Tim.