Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by philguillard <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/14 14:43:32 UTC

[users@httpd] [mod_mbox]charset + multipart troubles

Hi,

I get troubles rendering emails with mod_mbox (rls 0.2 or  svn trunk or
branch/surgery, launching /usr/local/apache2/bin/mod-mbox-util -v -c
/foo to index my mboxes)
-I get a message "An error occured while fetching this message, sorry !"
with mod_mbox if i try to index multipart/alternative messages (like Gmail).
-mod_mbox is rendering utf-8, but it seems some characters there are not
utf-8, in fact badly rendered for latin languages, coming from
ISO-8859-1 or utf-8 email (don't know what the mbox format is).

Because ASF uses mod_mbox without that troubles i think i should use
some scripts in /httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/scripts/ but don't know how to use
them.

Any idea ?

(I use Apache James for my mailinglists that seem to render correctly
ISO-8859-1, utf-8 and multipart mails in POP3 clients).

Regards

Phil