Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pyramesh <py...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/05 10:37:37 UTC

highlight feature is not working on "string" field type- Apache Solr

Hi ALL,

I have recently build small search application using Apache solr. now I am
facing an issue.

Highlighting text feature is not working on "string" field type, But it
working on "text" field type.

when I search the content on string field type, the results are getting
displaying, but not getting highlight.

can any one please guide me on the same. Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,
Ramesh py

Re: highlight feature is not working on "string" field type- Apache Solr

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi;

When you examine Solr example folder you can see that highlighting feature
works for String field. Here is the definition for cat field that is a type
of String:

<field name="cat" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

if you run that from your browser:

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=cat:*%20AND%20name:samsung&hl=true&hl.fl=*

You will see that highlighting works as excepted.

All in all, what is your Solr version and configuration of search handler?

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI