Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by michael portmann <mi...@gmx.ch> on 2003/07/23 16:53:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: access restrictions inheritence

Hi

Simple question. I have a directory with includes some child directories.
If restrict access to the parent directory, is it also automaticly
restricted for child directories?
And how is it if I allow symbolic links there for linked directories?

Thanks for your help!!!
michael

//---
I probably sent this yesterday, Im not sure if I sent it correctly and I got
no answers. If yes, excuse me

Re: [users@httpd] Re: access restrictions inheritence

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, michael portmann wrote:

> Hi
>
> Simple question. I have a directory with includes some child directories.
> If restrict access to the parent directory, is it also automaticly
> restricted for child directories?

Yes.

> And how is it if I allow symbolic links there for linked directories?

Apache follows the symlink but does not reset the path for checking
against <Directory> entries, so they should still be restricted.

Of course, you should test this yourself.

Joshua.