Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/28 12:56:23 UTC

Synapse 1.2 beta1

Hi folks,

I have created the Synapse-1.2-beta1 build and hosted it at [1] according to
the plan we had.

Please note that this is just a test build which will most probably go as
the RC if there are no issues in it (except for few documentation changes)
just after the Rampart release.

Please test this build and provide your feedback on this build.

Thanks,
Ruwan

[1] - http://people.apache.org/~ruwan/synapse/1_2/beta1/

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by kalani <ka...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

I tested the build through the test samples and I encountered an issue
with sample 12. I have reported this issue at [1].

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-334

Thanks,
Kalani

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I guess there is no issue with keeping the AMQP transport with the release
as an experimental transport but we can remove the Qpid jars at the
distribution build time so that one needs to copy the relevant jars in to
the lib folder to get it working.

Hope this is OK. I am going to remove the Qpid jars from the distribution
for the 1.2 release.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan,

I think the best option is to remove the AMQP transport code from the  1.2
branch.
As Suran pointed you guys can use M2.1 release from Qpid and use that with
the JMS transport.
M2.1 is an official release and it makes sense to go with this for this
Syanpse release.
Also this will encourage folks to use it as its based on an official
release.

I can finalize the transport on trunk. And hopefully by the time Synapse
makes the next release M3 will be ready.
We are also going to ensure the M3 client will interoperate with the M2.1
broker.
So if somebody is going to use this in production, upgrading to the next
Synapse release will not cause any issues.

Regards,

Rajith

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruwan
>
> The problem is that M3 doesn't exist yet. The issue here is that
> Rajith has been working on 'experimental' code, which is really cool,
> but unfortunately it clashes with using the stable Qpid build. Since
> the M2.1 broker is meant to be "production" ready, I propose we need
> to go back to the M2.1 JARs if we want people to be able to use
> Qpid/AMQP in a stable production environment.
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Suran,
> >
> > I think this is normal if you do critical changes on the API and also
> Qpid
> > is still at milestone releases and hence you cannot expect one milestone
> > be compatible with the other. So if you want to connect to a particular
> > version of Qpid (this is the case for most of the other brokers as well)
> you
> > should be using the client jars from that particular version.
> >
> > We cannot do much with that :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan
> >
> > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>
> wrote:

> > --
> > Ruwan Linton
> > http://www.wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
> Apache Synapse PMC Chair
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

One option would be to exclude these Qpid M3 jars from the build so that
users will have to put them (M2 jars) when they need to use that just as how
we setup the JMS transport to work with ActiveMQ. But in this case I would
like to exclude the AMQP transport classes as well from the release because
otherwise if someone tries to use that there will be issues. WDYT?

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruwan
>
> The problem is that M3 doesn't exist yet. The issue here is that
> Rajith has been working on 'experimental' code, which is really cool,
> but unfortunately it clashes with using the stable Qpid build. Since
> the M2.1 broker is meant to be "production" ready, I propose we need
> to go back to the M2.1 JARs if we want people to be able to use
> Qpid/AMQP in a stable production environment.
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Suran,
> >
> > I think this is normal if you do critical changes on the API and also
> Qpid
> > is still at milestone releases and hence you cannot expect one milestone
> > be compatible with the other. So if you want to connect to a particular
> > version of Qpid (this is the case for most of the other brokers as well)
> you
> > should be using the client jars from that particular version.
> >
> > We cannot do much with that :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan
> >
> > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>
> wrote:

> > --
> > Ruwan Linton
> > http://www.wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
> Apache Synapse PMC Chair
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Ruwan Linton

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan,

I think the best option is to remove the AMQP transport code from the  1.2
branch.
As Suran pointed you guys can use M2.1 release from Qpid and use that with
the JMS transport.
M2.1 is an official release and it makes sense to go with this for this
Syanpse release.
Also this will encourage folks to use it as its based on an official
release.

I can finalize the transport on trunk. And hopefully by the time Synapse
makes the next release M3 will be ready.
We are also going to ensure the M3 client will interoperate with the M2.1
broker.
So if somebody is going to use this in production, upgrading to the next
Synapse release will not cause any issues.

Regards,

Rajith

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruwan
>
> The problem is that M3 doesn't exist yet. The issue here is that
> Rajith has been working on 'experimental' code, which is really cool,
> but unfortunately it clashes with using the stable Qpid build. Since
> the M2.1 broker is meant to be "production" ready, I propose we need
> to go back to the M2.1 JARs if we want people to be able to use
> Qpid/AMQP in a stable production environment.
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Suran,
> >
> > I think this is normal if you do critical changes on the API and also
> Qpid
> > is still at milestone releases and hence you cannot expect one milestone
> > be compatible with the other. So if you want to connect to a particular
> > version of Qpid (this is the case for most of the other brokers as well)
> you
> > should be using the client jars from that particular version.
> >
> > We cannot do much with that :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan
> >
> > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>
> wrote:

> > --
> > Ruwan Linton
> > http://www.wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
> Apache Synapse PMC Chair
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Synapse 1.2 beta1

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

One option would be to exclude these Qpid M3 jars from the build so that
users will have to put them (M2 jars) when they need to use that just as how
we setup the JMS transport to work with ActiveMQ. But in this case I would
like to exclude the AMQP transport classes as well from the release because
otherwise if someone tries to use that there will be issues. WDYT?

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruwan
>
> The problem is that M3 doesn't exist yet. The issue here is that
> Rajith has been working on 'experimental' code, which is really cool,
> but unfortunately it clashes with using the stable Qpid build. Since
> the M2.1 broker is meant to be "production" ready, I propose we need
> to go back to the M2.1 JARs if we want people to be able to use
> Qpid/AMQP in a stable production environment.
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Suran,
> >
> > I think this is normal if you do critical changes on the API and also
> Qpid
> > is still at milestone releases and hence you cannot expect one milestone
> > be compatible with the other. So if you want to connect to a particular
> > version of Qpid (this is the case for most of the other brokers as well)
> you
> > should be using the client jars from that particular version.
> >
> > We cannot do much with that :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruwan
> >
> > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>