Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/03 21:43:55 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

L.S.,

I have been trying to build and run the JBI bits of this release and
all of that worked fine.  Then I tried running the other examples in
the distribution and realized that, somewhere along the line, we seem
to have remove the old lightweight components from the build.
However, some of the statically configured examples still use those
old components and all of those examples are obviously broken now.

Since we are not going to maintain the 3.x line any more, I think the
fastest way to get this fixed would be by reverting the commit that
removes those components and just include them in the kit again.  If
we're considering to deprecate the entire branch, there's no real
point in pruning bits from it for the final release we're doing.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

you're right and I'm fully agree.

I rollback this release, and fix the lightweight component issue.

Thanks a bunch
Regards
JB