Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Michael Gottesman <go...@reed.edu> on 2008/06/06 01:01:31 UTC

svn nutch with hadoop .17

Hey lincoln,

I have already finished a patch at least for the crawl cycle (inject,
generate, fetch, parse) for svn nutch + hadoop.17. I plan to finish
updating the lucene index methods soon.

If you want I can send you my patch and you can look at it/mess with it,
see if I messed anything up =p.

Michael

Re: svn nutch with hadoop .17

Posted by Michael Gottesman <go...@reed.edu>.
Yes that is a patch, but it is an old patch. Basically there are two
issues with getting nutch to compile with Hadoop .17. The first is
dealing with the new iterators and the second is adding the parametrized
method declarations.

My latest diff is in the following pastie:
http://friendpaste.com/k4L2feLE

Enjoy =)!

Michael
____

enjoy =).

Re: svn nutch with hadoop .17

Posted by Lincoln Ritter <li...@lincolnritter.com>.
Michael,

Is this (http://pastie.caboo.se/204167) the patch? I missed it in the
list archives...

In fact, I had already made many of the same exact changes but it was
great to find your patch and confirm some of my edits.

Thus far I have succeeded in applying the patch and building nutch
against hadoop 0.17.

If you wouldn't mind, it would be great if you could point me in the
right direction on the lucene index methods.  I'm sure you will have
faster success at making necessary changes, but I'd love to use this
as an opportunity to gain greater familiarity with all the moving
parts so that I can be more useful in the future.

Thanks
-lincoln

--
lincolnritter.com