Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 12:56:38 UTC

Playing with annotations for Ant - Sandboxable or not?

Hi all,

I had an idea to try out using annotations in Ant - starting with a
simple @Validation for fields.

I know this can't be put in trunk for bwc reasons, but is it the sort
of thing that should be considered for the sandbox?

Kev

Re: Playing with annotations for Ant - Sandboxable or not?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had an idea to try out using annotations in Ant - starting with a
> simple @Validation for fields.
>
> I know this can't be put in trunk for bwc reasons, but is it the sort
> of thing that should be considered for the sandbox?

1. yes, for the sandbox

2. Testng uses some javadoc annotation library for pre-1.5 stuff, so you
could get away with annotations and be BWC

Re: Playing with annotations for Ant - Sandboxable or not?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had an idea to try out using annotations in Ant - starting with a
> simple @Validation for fields.
>
> I know this can't be put in trunk for bwc reasons, but is it the
> sort of thing that should be considered for the sandbox?

Absolutely.  If only to show us what we are missing - this assumes we
are missing something right now ;-)

Stefan