Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com> on 2005/05/26 22:53:02 UTC

Sticky Session, Round-Robin with BalancerFilter?

Is it possible to perform JK-like sticky session, round robin load
balancing using a Tomcat instance as the front-end vs Apache, IIS, etc?

This may seem an odd request, but I've been asked to port an application
from Resin to Tomcat.  They are using an instance of resin in this very
manner (as a front-end) and don't want to introduce another web server
into the mix.  They simply want to replace resin with tomcat.  I
demonstrated a simple load-balance arrangement by running the
distributed balancer app on one instance to distribute requests to
others.  What I didn't realize is that the resin filter supported the
sticky session, round robin stuff.

Recap: any way to do this using a Tomcat instance as the front-end?

Many thanks.

Scott Dudley