Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net> on 2019/05/15 11:16:46 UTC

Re: JIRA Template

Hi,

as I’m being tired of JIRA tickets that are not really descriptive or only oneliner etc. I want to ping this Topic again.
So at the end, I don’t care where the users are. Jira first is english so it should be english and everyone should know that. If knowone knows they tried it in there own language. If no one has any big problems with adding a jira template for Bugs, I will create an infra ticket for Apache, to add my proposal in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Chris

AW: Re: JIRA Template

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
And such a template is not new, that I want to add. Github has this functionality and a lot of project uses it. Like VS Code or other big OS projects to prevent such problems.

Is it possible to make some Jira fields mandatory when creating a ticket? Then maybe make description, version, how to reproduce, etc. required.

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com

AW: Re: JIRA Template

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
This makes sense yes but if you only add the stacktrace inside the description or smth like: „there was an error and I added it here“ doesn’t make sense at all.

Re: Re: JIRA Template

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.