Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland AG)" <EX...@allianz.de> on 2008/03/27 09:53:56 UTC

editBuildDefinitionTemplate --> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

We have Continumm 1.1 deployed on Linux/JBoss 4.2.2 and get this error
after clicking button "editBuildDefinitionTemplate". No redeployments.

Is this is a known problem?
Is there any known memory leak in the continuum-app that is possible to
prevent?

AW: editBuildDefinitionTemplate --> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Posted by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland AG)" <EX...@allianz.de>.
the explanation is that this instance was actually not deployed on JBoss, it was the standalone edition, which probably lacks any memory JVM-startup params.
JBoss of course comes up with memory configuration, and we did not yet observe any memory issues yet with the continuum webapp :)

@Reinhard, sorry to say, but the information in your blog is wrong.
It has nothing to do with JBoss. It is a Tomcat-issue. See JBoss wiki.

  this error occurs, if to less PermGenSpace is available. JVM-Standard
for PermGen-space are 64Mb. You can set this as jvm Parameter:

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

regards

Reinhard

p.s.

http://blog.meimberg.info/?p=207 (german)

Re: editBuildDefinitionTemplate --> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Posted by Reinhard Moser <re...@healthgate.at>.
Hi Marc,