Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Mehmet Birgi <me...@birgi.ch> on 2003/09/05 12:40:13 UTC

Bye (for now)

Dear Friends

Although I have very much tried to organize my time so that I could help
a little with the development of Lenya, I have not been able to make a
single contribution to the project since its move to apache (maybe I am
not that good at organizing my time). I guess that developing a software
as complex as Lenya requires steady and regular involvement, basicly on
a daily basis. Unfortunately, and contrary to my initial assessment, my
non-IT-real-life-line-of-work (the one that pays the bills) is taking so
much time and effort, that I just don't have the energy and time left to
invest in software development at the moment.

So, it's time to get real.

I am very happy and proud for having been slightly involved in the
evolution of Lenya. But still, I have decided to jump off the train for
the moment, and prioritize other projects in my life. I might rejoin you
guys and gals later on, but for now, it's 'bye bye'.

I wish the Lenya/Cocoon community all the best in the future.

Cheers,

Memo

Re: Bye (for now)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Mehmet Birgi wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>> Do you like to be moved into the "inactive committers" or "emeritus
>> commiters" section?
>>
> do whatever seems to be appropriate, but I would prefer "inactive" for
> the moment :-)

It's a question of definition. For instance we could do it similar to Cocoon

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/who.html

or create our own defintions.

What do others think?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Bye (for now)

Posted by Mehmet Birgi <me...@birgi.ch>.

Re: Bye (for now)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Mehmet Birgi wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> Although I have very much tried to organize my time so that I could
> help a little with the development of Lenya, I have not been able to
> make a single contribution to the project since its move to apache
> (maybe I am not that good at organizing my time). I guess that
> developing a software as complex as Lenya requires steady and regular
> involvement, basicly on a daily basis. Unfortunately, and contrary to
> my initial assessment, my non-IT-real-life-line-of-work (the one that
> pays the bills) is taking so much time and effort, that I just don't
> have the energy and time left to invest in software development at the
> moment.
>
> So, it's time to get real.
>
> I am very happy and proud for having been slightly involved in the
> evolution of Lenya. But still, I have decided to jump off the train
> for the moment, and prioritize other projects in my life. I might
> rejoin you guys and gals later on, but for now, it's 'bye bye'.

it was great having you contributing and hopefully you are coming back
sometime in the future

> I wish the Lenya/Cocoon community all the best in the future.

Thanks very much. All the best to you.

Do you like to be moved into the "inactive committers" or "emeritus
commiters" section?

All the best

Michael

Re: Bye (for now)

Posted by alex <al...@owal.co.uk>.
At 11:40 05/09/03, you wrote:
>Dear Friends
>
>Although I have very much tried to organize my time so that I could help a
>little with the development of Lenya, I have not been able to make a
>single contribution to the project since its move to apache

Mehmet,

Don't be downhearted. Thanks very much for the effort you have put in so
far. I too have committer status but have not yet submitted any new code
for the same reasons as you.

Please carry on helping us by using the program and giving us a gentle
nudge whenever we need it - such as in the area of examples and documentation.

Should you want to write patches I am sure that we will try to find the
time to review them and add them to cvs.

Alex Mclintock