Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "M. Mokotov" <mk...@mokotov.org> on 2005/06/02 17:56:19 UTC

RE: using the CachingWrapperFilter

Hi Erik,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The problem is I need only the caching without any date or query
functionality.
Since the only two constructable-without-wrapping Filters are the
QueryFilter and DateFilter, I need either to have a dummy filter, or to have
a constructor for the CachingWrapperFilter that doesn't wrap (meaning a
constructor that doesn't get a filter as a parameter).

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Mickey.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:56 AM, M. Mokotov wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
>
> The problem is I need only the caching without any date or query
> functionality.
> Since the only two constructable-without-wrapping Filters are the
> QueryFilter and DateFilter, I need either to have a dummy filter,
> or to have
> a constructor for the CachingWrapperFilter that doesn't wrap
> (meaning a
> constructor that doesn't get a filter as a parameter).
>
> Am I missing something?

One of us is missing something, that's for sure!  :)  I'm not at all
understanding what it is you want to cache at this point.

Please elaborate on what you're trying to do.

     Erik