Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 12:33:10 UTC

[POLL] What do you expect in MINA 2.0.0-M1?

Hi community,

Since we've been working so hard to clean the overall API up in trunk,
I fell we are getting closer to the release of 2.0.0-M1, our first
milestone release from 2.0 branch.  To make the relese cycle shorter,
I'd like to ask all the community members about what issues you think
important (or unimportant for now).

I think 'important issue means an issue that might affect the overall
API design change.  If there's a demand for a new feature that is
unlikely to affect the API in an incompatible way from trunk, it's not
that important because we can add it as we release another milestone.

The following are the list of the open issues that was planned to get
fixed in 2.0.0-M1:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?resolution=-1&pid=10670&fixfor=12312171

As you can see, there are 19 issues.  Please let me know which issues
are not important for 2.0.0-M1.  (Please remember the definition of
'important issue' above. ;)  I know there are obviously unimportant
issues in the list, but I believe community can point them out, too.
:D

I might have forgot to include import issues not scheduled to any
versions.  Please also let me know if you found something here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?resolution=-1&pid=10670&fixfor=-1

At last but least, please don't hesitate to tell us any important
issues that is not filed in JIRA yet.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [POLL] What do you expect in MINA 2.0.0-M1?

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.
To me, DIRMINA-302 is so important. I wish it will be fixed. Thanks.

Posted by hezjing <he...@gmail.com>.
Here is another suggestion,

I read the post on subject:setWriteTimeout and SetIdleTime, and it
would be good to add more explaination to the JavaDoc on

--

Hez

Re: [POLL] What do you expect in MINA 2.0.0-M1?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.
In the spirit of getting ready for a 2.0 release, we should formulate a list
of where we need the most work in the area of documentation.  There are not
many entries in JIRA for documentation, and to say "Javadocs need
improvement" might be too vague.  So if people want to reply with a list of
documentation, I can start either working those issues or placing them in
JIRA as tasks.

Thank you.

--
..Cheers