Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Henry Jen <he...@ztune.net> on 2007/10/05 08:51:48 UTC

ApacheCon US

Hi,

ApacheCon US is a month away, and this year I get to attend the event, yeah!

Wondering if there is going to be a hackathon or some sort of activity
for APR/APR-util developers to get together?

Cheers,
Henry

Re: ApacheCon US

Posted by Henry Jen <he...@ztune.net>.
On 10/5/07, Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Henry Jen wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> ApacheCon US is a month away, and this year I get to attend the event, yeah!
> >>
> >> Wondering if there is going to be a hackathon or some sort of activity
> >> for APR/APR-util developers to get together?
> >
> > I would sure like to see it!  Since Tuesday gets busy with several special
> > events, who's up for trying to be there on Monday?
>
> I'll be around... I would like to hammer out the APR Events stuff that
> davi commited to a branch, and merge it into trunk:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/evenset/
>
> Anything else people would like to see?

I will be around as well.
What I would like to discuss is a few changes to apr_uri to be more
accurate to RFC 3986 compliant, particular for the path support.

Per RFC 3986,

URI           = scheme ":" hier-part [ "?" query ] [ "#" fragment ]

hier-part     = "//" authority path-abempty
                 / path-absolute
                 / path-rootless
                 / path-empty

I am expecting file:./tmp/tnt.pdf to get a scheme "file" and path
"./tmp/tnt.pdf", but I got:

henryjen@hammerhead:~/prj/test/c$ ./apr_uri_test file:./tmp/tnt.pdf
Parsing file:./tmp/tnt.pdf ------------
  scheme:           n/a
  hostinfo:         n/a
  user:             n/a
  password:         n/a
  hostname:         n/a
  port_str:         n/a
  path:             file:./tmp/tnt.pdf
  query:            n/a
  fragment:         n/a
  hostent:          0
  port:             0
  is_initialized:   1
  dns_looked_up:    0
  dns_resolved:     0

Re: ApacheCon US

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.

Re: ApacheCon US

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Henry Jen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ApacheCon US is a month away, and this year I get to attend the event, yeah!
>
> Wondering if there is going to be a hackathon or some sort of activity
> for APR/APR-util developers to get together?

I would sure like to see it!  Since Tuesday gets busy with several special
events, who's up for trying to be there on Monday?

Bill