Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nigel Marshall <ni...@nige.gotdns.com> on 2006/04/13 07:51:40 UTC

Rawbody rules information

Hi List,

I am looking to understand more about the raw body rules, and examples
of them that I could follow to hopefully write a few for myself. Can
someone point in a good place to start or a good tutorial on this sort
of thing?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Nigel

Re: Rawbody rules information

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Nigel Marshall wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am looking to understand more about the raw body rules, and examples
> of them that I could follow to hopefully write a few for myself. Can
> someone point in a good place to start or a good tutorial on this sort
> of thing?
A rawbody rule is pretty much the same as a body rule. The difference
being that HTML tags are still present, and newlines are present.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

That said, do you really need to write a rawbody rule? Are you sure a
body or uri rule won't do instead?

I generally try to avoid writing rawbody rules unless I need to write
something that falls into one of these tow categories:

    1) a examines HTML tags directly (and not just the target of a URI)
    2) examines newline insertion patterns.