Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Harald Wellmann <Ha...@multi-m.de> on 2010/09/10 13:57:50 UTC

Page Navigation in WicketTester

Using WicketTester, is it required to initialize each page under Test with tester.startPage()?

I'm currently starting at a LoginPage and submit a form on that page to go to an IndexPage. Now the component tree of that page does not have the expected structure. After calling startPage() for the same page class, the component tree is correct:

        tester.startPage(appl.getHomePage());
        tester.assertRenderedPage(LoginPage.class);

        FormTester formTester = tester.newFormTester("loginPanel:logInForm");
        formTester.setValue("username", LOGIN);
        formTester.setValue("password", PASSWORD);
        formTester.submit();
        tester.assertRenderedPage(IndexPage.class);

        tester.debugComponentTrees();         // some components are missing
        tester.startPage(IndexPage.class);
        tester.debugComponentTrees();         // this is now the expected tree

In particular, the difference between the two component trees is that a list view in the first tree is missing all list items.

I don't really understand what's going on here, so any hints would be very helpful. (I'm using Wicket 1.4.10.)

Best regards,

Harald