Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/16 11:20:21 UTC

Query mongodb

Hello,
Is it possible or how is it possible to query mongodb directly from hadoop.

Or is it possible to query hbase or json files stored in hdfs in a similar
way as we can query the json documents in mongodb.

Suggestions please.

Thank you.
Regards,
Panshul.

Re: Query mongodb

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
Look at Hive and Lily projects.

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Query mongodb

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop knows about files and blocks so you can achieve data locality if you are accessing files directly

I think, In your case you'll have to develop your own logic that can take advantage of it

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Query mongodb

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Query mongodb