Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/03/11 01:51:32 UTC

Building Tapestry from CVS

Much of this detail is in the Contributor's Guide, I'm working to update it
fully refect the latest stuff.

You need to build.properties file in the config directory, specifying where
JBoss 3.0.4 (jboss.dir), Jetty 4.x (jetty.dir) and Clover (clover.dir) have
been installed.

You need the following in the Tapestry/ext-dist directory:

docbkx412.zip
docbook-xsl-1.59.2.zip
jcommon-0.6.5.jar
jdom-b8.jar
jfreechart-0.9.2.jar
junit.jar

The README there defines where to get most of those.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

RE: Building Tapestry from CVS

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
So how about I treat the framework jar as the 'main' deliverable for
Tapestry.

Do the unit tests in junit/ only refer to framework/ code?

I'm thinking that 'Tapestry' is actually a few different deliverables:
- framework jar with unit tests (incl coverage) and docs,
- Lots of examples/demos each a separate build, and
- Lots of contrib'ed code each a separate build.

Where the examples/demos/contrib code rely on framework jar. Is this
roughly right?

In Maven each of the separately buildable bits (example/demo, contrib etc)
is a 'project' with a descriptor.

Maven has some basic support for docbook (which would be good to make work
properly).

Did anyone check out the default site built from the project.xml?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

"Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> wrote on 11/03/2003 11:51:32 AM:

> Much of this detail is in the Contributor's Guide, I'm working to update
it
> fully refect the latest stuff.
>
> You need to build.properties file in the config directory, specifying
where
> JBoss 3.0.4 (jboss.dir), Jetty 4.x (jetty.dir) and Clover (clover.dir)
have
> been installed.

What does Tapestry need JBoss, Jetty and Clover for?

The framework directory builds a jar nicely without them.

> You need the following in the Tapestry/ext-dist directory:
>
> docbkx412.zip
> docbook-xsl-1.59.2.zip
For building documentation?

> jcommon-0.6.5.jar