Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2009/09/18 18:51:16 UTC

10.6.1 release page

I have created a release page for 10.6.1, so that we can keep users
informed about what we're working on. I hope this will be useful to
people who don't subscribe to the developer list:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease It may encourage
users to give us feedback or even help out. I also pointed our top wiki
page at the 10.6.1 page.

I described a couple projects which I know that people are pursuing.
I've tried to make it clear that the webpage is not a contract, just
current information about what we're doing. If you want to add your
plans to this page, I believe that users would appreciate it.

I've also added a section on bug fixing and wired in three bug filters
which I think are useful: Data Corruptions, Wrong Results, and Crashes.
These filters help me concentrate my mind.

You'll notice that I haven't volunteered to cat-herd 10.6.1 and I've
left the target dates blank.

Thanks,
-Rick