Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chad Woolley <li...@thewoolleyweb.com> on 2003/12/08 22:06:03 UTC

Is it possible to keep unit tests in the same directories as production classes?

Hello,

I want to implement maven on an existing project, which has the unit
tests in the same directories as the classes they test.

Is this supported with maven?  I read the test plugin docs, but I don't
see any properties or any info there...

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Is it possible to keep unit tests in the same directories as production classes?

Posted by Tim Chen <tc...@tampabay.rr.com>.
hehe i did offer a disclaimer ;)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 16:20, Tim Chen wrote:
> I'm sure that it's not recommened but you can achieve that using a few
> changes in your project.xml setup.
>
> use:
> <sourceModifications>
>       <excludes>
>         <exclude>**/Test*.java</exclude>
>       </excludes>
>  </sourceModifications>
> to prevent building ur test classes into your src.
> then for ur unitTest declaration do something like:
>
>     <unitTest>
>       <includes>
>         <include>**/Test*.java</include>
>       </includes>
>     </unitTest>
>
> along with a unitTestSourceDirectory that matches ur sourceDirectory.

Now I'm going to have add something that halts the build if any
derivatives of org.junit.Test* are found in the source directory :-)

> -Tim
>
> Chad Woolley wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to implement maven on an existing project, which has the unit
> > tests in the same directories as the classes they test.
> >
> > Is this supported with maven?  I read the test plugin docs, but I
> > don't see any properties or any info there...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chad

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Is it possible to keep unit tests in the same directories as production classes?

Posted by Tim Chen <tc...@tampabay.rr.com>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Don't know if it is possible, but I know that some report plugins will
not work correctly if you have them together...

Mvgr,
Martin

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 22:06, Chad Woolley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to implement maven on an existing project, which has the unit
> tests in the same directories as the classes they test.
>
> Is this supported with maven?  I read the test plugin docs, but I don't
> see any properties or any info there...
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>
mvdb.com

Re: Is it possible to keep unit tests in the same directories as production classes?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 16:06, Chad Woolley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to implement maven on an existing project, which has the unit
> tests in the same directories as the classes they test.

No, not supported directly and won't be.

> Is this supported with maven?  I read the test plugin docs, but I don't
> see any properties or any info there...

Move, them into a separate directory and make your life easier. Having
them in the same directory makes everything a complete drag and
unmanageable as reporting accurately on application code vs test code.

> Thanks,
> Chad

jvz.

Jason van Zyl