Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "SAVAGE,CRAIG (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <cr...@hp.com> on 2002/08/06 11:23:11 UTC

Upgrading an Apache proxy server.

Hi,

I have encountered a slight problem in an upgrade I am performing, and would
ask for some advice...

I had an Apache 1 server functioning as a proxy. Nothing else, just a proxy
that needed to be able to contact HTTP and HTTPS sites.

I upgraded to Apache 2.0.39 and now the proxy will only connect to HTTP
sites.

It's probably something silly I've forgotten to do/ or done :) So please
take the time to point out my folly?

Thanks for your time
Craig Savage
Hewlett-Packard        | HP Services            | Bristol

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately.  You must
not copy this message or use it for any purpose, nor publish or disclose its
contents to any other person.

Re: Upgrading an Apache proxy server.

Posted by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be>.
Sorry, not quite awake this morning, what I meant is , do you permit
CONNECT request on port 443 ?

Peter.

Posted by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
SAVAGE,CRAIG (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have encountered a slight problem in an upgrade I am performing, and
> would ask for some advice...
>
> I had an Apache 1 server functioning as a proxy. Nothing else, just a
> proxy that needed to be able to contact HTTP and HTTPS sites.
>
> I upgraded to Apache 2.0.39 and now the proxy will only connect to HTTP
> sites.

did you activate the mod_ssl during the compile and in the conf files?
or was it an already compiled version you upgraded from?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
SAVAGE,CRAIG (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2) wrote:

> I upgraded to Apache 2.0.39 and now the proxy will only connect to HTTP
> sites.

One thing to check - each protocol (HTTP, FTP and HTTPS) is now a
separate module in addition to the mod_proxy module. You might have not
incorporated the required modules with LoadModule.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon