Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dg...@hyperreal.com on 1997/04/20 01:04:29 UTC

Changed information for PR mod_log-any/343

Synopsis: Bandwidth used by image push script is not logged correctly.

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sat Apr 19 16:04:29 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
I'm guessing your streaming script is an nph-cgi, in which
case it is impossible for apache to count the bytes sent since
it hands the client socket directly to the cgi and the cgi
is responsible for managing it.  Is that the case?

Dean

Re: Changed information for PR mod_log-any/343

Posted by "J.S.T." <je...@ai.net>.
That is exactly what is happening. If that was somehow an idiotic
question on my part, I am sorry. Is there another way you can recommend
doing it? A way to block users from using nph-scripts and not other kinds
of scripts?

We ended up writing logging in the nph-script [common log style] which
works pretty well, but its tough to track BW if we can't restrict
unauthorized nph-style scripts.

Thanks for your response,

-Jerry.