Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Pedro Larroy <pe...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/11 18:41:32 UTC

Developer setup in AWS EC2 & menu based tool

Hi Folks!

We got the feedback that reproducing test results on EC2 was complex and
time consuming.

I have cleaned up my personal scripts to provision a development instance:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/MXNet+Developer+setup+on+AWS+EC2

https://github.com/larroy/ec2_launch_scripts

My favorite is ephemeral storage provisioning with raid0 which makes IO
blazing fast. Also provisions your home files super easily.

In addition I'm working on a menu based tool (tool.py in lack of a better
name) which makes quick & easy to compile MXNet, run tests, etc. Check and
review this PR:

Hopefully these tools makes life much easier for anybody developing MXNet
as this automates repetitive tasks that everyone is doing often.

Let me know what you think.

Pedro.