Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Sergey Armishev <Se...@Netgear.com> on 2013/09/25 00:35:07 UTC

how to enable Flash plug-in on Android 2.3 WebView

Sorry for bothering you,dear developers but it seems like only you can answer.
I have RTMP live stream that I want to show on Android 2.3 using Cordova v.3.... The native Android browser shows streaming OK in Flash plug-in but when I convert HTML page to the Cordova/Android app it complains that "you have no flash plug-in installed"
Is it possible and how to activate Flash plug-in in WebView?
If it is not possible please tell me ASAP so I can go looking for other solutions

-Sergey

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or
her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately

RE: how to enable Flash plug-in on Android 2.3 WebView

Posted by Sergey Armishev <Se...@Netgear.com>.
Thank you, Nick for advise. I am for HTML5 but unfortunately we are not living in ideal world where we can use only ideal solutions. Here is what I found how to enable Flash plug-in in Android 2.3 providing that it is already installed. That piece of code not for Cordova developers but for Cordova application  developers who has the same problem. The method setPluginState was deprecated so it should be used only for old phones running Android 2.3 Gingerbread (not sure about other versions)

    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
    {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        super.init();
        this.appView.getSettings().setPluginState(PluginState.ON);
        super.loadUrl(Config.getStartUrl());
        //super.loadUrl("file:///android_asset/www/index.html")
    }

On the side note. It is pretty simple one-line-API call but it is not written anywhere and I didn't got right answer not from you developers and not from PhoneGap community. I am new to Cordova and just wondering why such simple question was not answered? Or everybody under some NDA :)

-Sergey

Posted by Nick Lombard <ni...@jigsoft.co.za>.
Sergey,