Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 01:34:03 UTC

repository for ambari 2.1.2 to build ambari-views/examples

Hi folks,

Is there a repository I can put in ambari/pom.xml to build
ambari/ambari-views/examples?

I am trying to compile some example views locally on my mac *without
compiling the whole ambari base* in order to load into Hortonworks sandbox
(that came with Ambari 2.1.2). After I updated all the example view pom
files to have version 2.1.2 and ran "mvn clean package", it always failed
with going to

"https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/staging"

to fetch dependencies. Obviously it can't find ambari 2.1.2 dependencies in
sonatype.org. The error is like:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project calculator-view: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.ambari:calculator-view:jar:2.1.2: Failed to collect dependencies
at org.apache.ambari:ambari-views:jar:2.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read
artifact descriptor for
org.apache.ambari:ambari-views:jar:2.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
org.apache.ambari:ambari-project:pom:2.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/staging was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
oss.sonatype.org has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

I tried making the whole ambari build but I have a mac and the build failed
in ambari-web even after I installed npm and brunch. Instead of making the
entire ambari 2.1.2 build, I am hoping I can update ambari/pom file with a
repo URL that has ambari 2.1.2 dependencies to fetch.

Does such a public repo exist? Or there is a better way to get around to
build example views? I would appreciate any help on this.

Re: repository for ambari 2.1.2 to build ambari-views/examples

Posted by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com>.
I ended up not needing to compile the whole ambari base. I commented out
<repositories>...</repositories> in ambari/pom file. Then I maven-installed
ambari-project and ambari-views. Then examples compiled.