Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <xi...@tid.es> on 2013/04/01 12:54:29 UTC

RE: Some Ambari questions

Many thanks for the pointers, Sid. I have started looking at the documentation and I have been quite successful in calling the GET APIs. I am having trouble locating the JSON payload some of the calls require, though.

For example, the POST call to /cluster/{clusterId}/configurations has a JavaDoc comment with an example JSON payload, but when calling POST to /cluster/{clusterId} I get a 400 error code with the message "Stack information should be provided when creating a cluster".

I've tried to follow the code to see where the expected body is defined, but I can't seem to find the right place. Can you point me towards it?

Thanks!
Ximo.

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Ximo,

The call to create a cluster should look like,

curl -i -X POST -d '{"Clusters": {"version" : "HDP-1.2.0"}}'
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1

The stack version is defined under
ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/...

-Sid