Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fuvo <vf...@webde.de> on 2007/01/02 18:07:34 UTC

[M2] 'legacy' in repo configuration is not working as expected

Hi,

I want to use our existing m1 repository with m2. I configured the
repository as legacy style, but it only works with a 'flat' hierarchy,
because m2 builds the downloadurl without replacing the points of the
groupid.

<groupId>foo.bar</groupId>
<artifactId>baz</artifactId>
<version>0.815</version>

will be computed to ..../reponame/foo.bar/jars/baz-0.815.jar (wrong)
instead of ..../reponame/foo/bar/jars/baz-0.815.jar (right)

Has anybody an idea how i can get this to work (if its possible)?

Thanks & regards,
Volker

Re: [M2] 'legacy' in repo configuration is not working as expected

Posted by fuvo <vf...@webde.de>.
Hi Arnaud,

>I don't understand your problem.
>If you are in a legacy repo (m1), a group like foo.bar is a unique
>directory foo.bar. It's only with a m2 layout that you have a
>subdirectory bar in the directory foo.

We have a more structured m1 repo, like 'repo/foo/bar/jars/bar-1.0.jar'.
This worked well with groupIds like 'foo/bar'. So, it seems, that our
repository is not really m1 standard and it did only work, because maven
does paste the group id as it is into the translated url.

Ok, I have to find a way to work around, because our repository is accessed
vi proximity which runs on a tomcat.

Thanks,
Volker

For maven 1 or maven 2 with a legacy repo a dependency :
<groupId>foo.bar</groupId>
<artifactId>baz</artifactId>
<version>0.815</version>
is translated to : /reponame/foo.bar/jars/baz-0.815.jar
With m2, the dependency is :
/reponame/foo/bar/baz/0.815/baz-0.815.jar

Arnaud

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.