Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sven Fischer <in...@linux4tw.de> on 2009/08/26 11:57:54 UTC

how to down-weight synonyms

Hi,
I implemented a synonym search by using the chapter 4.6's example from
the Lucene in Action book.
Now I want to extend the example in that way, that synonyms are boosted
less that the original word the user searched for. Is there a way to do
it? If it is, I would like to get any help on how to implement that feature.

can anyone help please?

Thanks
Sven

Re: how to down-weight synonyms

Posted by abhay kumar <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 The first answer by Sven is more efficient and generaly used.

Abhay
@Sven
f you add the synonyms at query time you can assign a boost factor to
the added synonyms that would boost the matches to a particular term
down. -> something in the interval [0,1]

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sven,