Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ringo De Smet <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/20 11:45:05 UTC

File name encoding at mvn deploy?

Hello,

I have a small problem with Maven (2.2.0) deploying to Nexus (1.3.5).
I am evaluating Maven + freehep-nar-plugin (1) to build native
projects. The plugin adds additional .nar files to the deployment of
my Maven module. Some of these files contain platform specific
information in the file name. As an example, the build under 32bit
Linux with the GNU toolchain results in the file:

utilities-0.4.0-SNAPSHOT-i386-Linux-g++-static.nar

in my local repository. However, if I run mvn deploy to push these
files to our corporate Nexus repository, the "+"-characters get
encoded and the file ends up in the repository as:

utilities-0.4.0-SNAPSHOT-i386-Linux-g%2B%2B-static.nar

Can I configure Maven to not encode this? Should I rather configure
this in Nexus?
Or is this a bug?

Greetz,

Ringo