Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by hnilek <hn...@centrum.cz> on 2004/04/23 15:59:47 UTC

batik-rasterizer: how to set pdf output encoding

Hello,

I learned about batik while creating PDF output of a docbook
document using fop. Since svg graphics with fop does not work for me
(batik - fop version misunderstading), and I wasn't able to fix it,
I tried exporting svg to other formats.
PDF seemed to be the best choice, because rasterized graphics doesn't look
very well in pdf documents.

But there I have another problem. The svg file encoded in utf-8
contains czech national characters, and using
/java -jar batik-rasterizer application/pdf test.svg/
outputs a pdf file requesting iso-8859-1 fonts,
so those characters don't display correctly.
Adding "/-lang cs/" didn't work either.

I guess I need the pdf to use iso-8859-2 fonts,
and since I don't understand the internals of pdf format,
I'm out of ideas.
Is there a way how to do this?

Jan