Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Spammed TooMuch <sp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/29 17:54:01 UTC

WARs not being unpacked in Embedded Tomat?

Hi,

Appreciate a little help. I am using 4.1 Tomcat's
Embedded class. I have worked most things but but can
not get it to use packed WAR files. I have the
context's set up, I think, because if I expand the war
file the index.html file in the resulting directory is
found.

Is Embedded suppose to support WARs; either unpacking
them in place or into its working directory?
unpackWARs is supposed to default to true when using a
server.xml; what is its default when using embedded?
How does one set unpackWARs and/or liveDeploy without
a server.xml?!

FYI, my Catalina, host, and context directories are
set something like:

System.setProperty("catalina.home", "D:\foo" );
embedded.createHost(hostName, "\" );
createContext("/bar", "bar");

I also have other contexts set such as the default:

createContext("", "\web\gui");

Thanks for any help you can provide!
cheers,
Chuck

Re: WARs not being unpacked in Embedded Tomat?

Posted by Spammed TooMuch <sp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Following up my post in-case anyone can correct or
learn from my experiments. It appears I have to tell
Embedded to use the WAR file myself. To keep it like
regular Tomcat, I check for a directory first. If not
found and there is a WAR file of the same name, I:

deployer.findDeployedApp( context );
deployer.install( context, war );

It certainly seems Tomcat should just do this, nothing
in the doc says it will not in the Embedded situation.
In fact there is doc that implies it will.

It's weird but I can't find the unpacked files. There
is a dirctory of the right name in the work directory,
but it is never populated. Will be trying v5 out in
the next couple of months...

cheers,
Chuck