Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Tarik <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/06 23:41:51 UTC

Can't see server errors when running ROP

I can't see the server stacktrace when there is an exception caused by a ROP
client. Say if I for example screw up a query parameter.  I figure it's
probably a log4j property but I can't figure it out despite numerous
attempts.  I am running Cayenne3 server on JettyLauncher directly from
Eclipse.

Here is the client exception.  Server shows nothing.
 >> [v.3.0M1 Jul 17 2007 05:51:33] Remote error. URL -
http://localhost:8080/cayenne-service; CAUSE - Server returned HTTP response
code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/cayenne-service [
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException]
 >> org.apache.cayenne.remote.hessian.HessianConnection.doSendMessage(
HessianConnection.java:145)
 >> org.apache.cayenne.remote.BaseConnection.sendMessage(BaseConnection.java
:73)
 >> org.apache.cayenne.remote.ClientChannel.send(ClientChannel.java:276)
 >> org.apache.cayenne.remote.ClientChannel.onQuery(ClientChannel.java:110)
 >> org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.runQuery(
ObjectContextQueryAction.java:282)
 >> org.apache.cayenne.CayenneContextQueryAction.execute(
CayenneContextQueryAction.java:51)

Re: Can't see server errors when running ROP

Posted by Tarik <ch...@gmail.com>.
Great.  That did it.  I set my log4j.config to the following and it worked.
Thanks Ari.

log4j.debug=true
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.