Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Lars Preben S. Arnesen" <l....@usit.uio.no> on 2001/07/16 10:12:48 UTC

DOMCount.pl with 1.5.3

I just installed 1.5.3 and tried the the DOMCount example
(<URL:http://xml.apache.org/xerces-p/domcount.html>).

This example worked just fine before, but with 1.5.3 I get this error:

Can't locate object method "new" via package
"XML::Xerces::perlErrorHandler" at foobar line 26.

Line 26:
my $error_handler = new XML::Xerces::perlErrorHandler;

Is it my Xerces installation which is wrong or has something changed
since 1.4?

--
Lars Preben S. Arnesen
USIT, University of Oslo

Re: DOMCount.pl with 1.5.3

Posted by "Lars Preben S. Arnesen" <l....@usit.uio.no>.
[ Jason E. Stewart ]

> You will find a recent version of DOMCount.pl in the
> samples/DOMCount.pl in the distribution.

Thanks. I should have figured this out myself...

--
Lars Preben S. Arnesen
USIT, University of Oslo

Re: DOMCount.pl with 1.5.3

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Lars Preben S. Arnesen" <l....@usit.uio.no> writes:

> I just installed 1.5.3 and tried the the DOMCount example
> (<URL:http://xml.apache.org/xerces-p/domcount.html>).
>
> This example worked just fine before, but with 1.5.3 I get this error:

Hej Lars,

You will find a recent version of DOMCount.pl in the
samples/DOMCount.pl in the distribution. I have updated most of the
WWW pages to reflect 1.5.x, but I must have missed that one.

Thanks and sorry of the trouble,
jas.