Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2022/08/05 11:58:55 UTC

Re: Solr 8.10.0+ cuts away nginx-ingress basic authentication header

Hi,

The Admin UI will send Ajax requests to Solr and to do that it needs the basic auth credentials.
With Solr's built-in Auth, Admin UI will remember the creds and explicitly pass them on every Ajax request.
But for 3rd party auth in nginx, Admin UI will be able to do that.
Perhaps look for a Browser Plugin where you can enter username + password and let the browser do the auth for you?

Jan