Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/25 10:31:50 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.8.0 candidate 1

This is the second release candidate for 3.8.0.

It is a major release and it introduces a lot of new features, most notably:
- Migration of the logging framework from Apache Log4j1 to LogBack
- Read Key/trust store password from file (and other security related
improvements)
- Restored support for OSGI
- Reduced the performance impact of Prometheus metrics
- Official support for JDK17 (all tests are passing)
- Updates to all the third party dependencies to get rid of every known CVE.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12349587

*** Please download, test and vote by February 28th 2022, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.8.0-candidate-1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezookeeper-1073/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.8.0-1
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.8.0-1

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

The staging version of the website is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.8.0-candidate-1/website/index.html

Should we release this candidate?
Enrico Olivelli

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.8.0 candidate 1

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Page updated

https://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.8.0 candidate 1

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- I built the source code (-Pfull-build) on Ubuntu 18.04.6 using OpenJDK
11.0.13 and maven 3.6.0.
- all the unit tests passed (both Java and C-client), although many (10+)
tests failed for the first time, we should improve our flaky test situation.
- I also built and executed unit tests for zkpython
- checkstyle and spotbugs passed
- apache-rat passed
- owasp (CVE check) passed
- fatjar built
- I executed quick rolling-upgrade tests (using
https://github.com/symat/zk-rolling-upgrade-test):
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.9 to 3.8.0
  - rolling upgrade from 3.6.3 to 3.8.0
  - rolling upgrade from 3.7.0 to 3.8.0