Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 05:14:38 UTC

Upload woes

We've tried numerous attempts to get the Upload component functional along
with several separate questions to the list without help buy no luck.
Essentially, it still is not calling its listener. (Tomcat 4.1, Java 1.4.2 )
.

Can anyone suggest a work around or a novel way to get the file? The Upload
component uses:
IUploadFile file = getDecoder().getUploadFile(getName());

However, from within my page class I can't call getName() on the component -
although I tried cycle.getPage().getComponent('$Any');  - I've used the Any
component to create the html <input type="file" id="upload"/> tag. If I call
cycle.getParameter("upload"); I can get the name of the file...still can't
figure out how to combine these various elements to get ahold of that darned
upload file.

Any & all help would be greatly appreciated!
Jason

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm glad it's working for you, because trying to apply this patch has been a
lot of non-fun.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Wayland Chan <wa...@gmail.com>.
I think that means you are deploying a servlet.jar (or servlet_api.jar) for
an earlier version of Servlet/JSP than what your servlet engine is running.
i.e. including a 2.3 jar on a Tomcat using 2.4.

The servlet.jar is typically only required as a build-time dependency and
shouldn't be included as a runtime dependency.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com>.
I noticed this in my log...

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com>.
Jesse,

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Jason Suplizio <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone. For the record, I've tried using just the @Upload component
numerous times (and even my own version of it) before resorting to my last
ditch usage of the Any component...why? I just needed to be able to easily
grab ahold of the component from the getPage() method...just to see what it
could give me. I'm going to look at your resources and report back. Thanks!

Re: Upload woes

Posted by spamsucks <sp...@rhoderunner.com>.

Re: Upload woes

Posted by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com>.
The fact that you're using @Any worries me. You should be using a
jwcid="@FileUpload" in order for it to work.

Have you looked at the Tapestry component reference? Also, try
creating it in a page and getting it working first, then try to
component-ize it.

Todd