Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by si...@visioncodified.com on 2003/07/13 13:12:46 UTC

EJBRedirector Prototype

Hi Guys,
     I have made a rudimentary prototype of the EJBRedirector. I have followed
the same pattern in which the ServletRedirector is made. It currently just
executes the FirstTest class in the Container. The FirstTest class extends the
EJBTestCase class. The FirstTest tests the sum and multiply method of the
TestBean. EJBRedirector is a bean which has a single method test() which takes
EJBRequest as an argument. I **havent** implemented all
he classes. Before going forward I wanted to be sure that i was going in the
right direction, therefore I am sending the prototype to  all you so that you
can take a look at it. Also tell me if you have some ideas how you people have
thought about the EJBRedirector to be. The jar file contains source files also.
Below are the steps for running the prototype.

thanks & regards,
Siddhartha
http://www.visioncodified.com

Environment
------------
JDK 1.3.1
JBoss 3.0.6
Cactus 1.4.1

Steps to run the prototype.
-----------------------------
Step 1. Copy the prototype.jar, run.bat and jndi.properties in any directory

Step 2. Open run.bat in any editor and set the JBOSS_HOME and CACTUS_HOME
variables.

Step 3. Copy the jar filesaspectjrt-1.0.5.jar,cactus-1.4.1.jar, commons-
httpclient-2.0alpha1-20020606.jar, commons-logging-1.0.jar, junit-3.7.jar  in
JBOSS_HOME\server\default\lib\   directory

Step 4. Copy the prototype.jar file in JBOSS_HOME\server\default\deploy
directory

Step 5. Run the run.bat from the directory where the prototype.jar and
jndi.properties are present.

RE: EJBRedirector Prototype

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Very cool. I'd also love to go trekking in the himalaya!

As for the coding conventions, the best is simply run the build as it
runs checkstyle checks and will tell you if there is any violation to
the coding standard.

Thanks
-Vincent

HEAD.

> > You may have to perform some refactoring on the existing Cactus
classes.
> > If this is the case, could you send separate patches for the
refactoring
> > so that we can integrate them easily in the base code?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for my non-responsiveness...
I'll

Posted by Siddhartha Chandurkar <si...@visioncodified.com>.
Hi Vincent,
  Sorry for the late reply I was had gone to the foothills of himalayas
for trekking for the weekend.
Yes, there is some refactoring required. Mainly some methods need to be
pushed up in the inheritance herirarchy. Give me 2-3 days and I will send
the refactored classes.
Also I will try to send some completed classes for the EJBRedirector. I
breezed through the coding convention guidelines on the Cactus site. I
will do the necessary changes in my IDE so that code gets formatted
accordingly.

BR,
/Siddhartha

> Hi Siddhartha,
>
> I've looked at the code quickly and I can tell you're going in the right
> direction! :-) Now what we really need are patches against the CVS HEAD.
>
> You may have to perform some refactoring on the existing Cactus classes.
> If this is the case, could you send separate patches for the refactoring
> so that we can integrate them easily in the base code?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for my non-responsiveness... I'll
> try to do better next time when you send the patches :-)
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

Posted by si...@visioncodified.com.
No Probs Vincent. Best of luck for your release.

BR,
/Siddhartha

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Siddhartha,