Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by James Cook <ji...@iname.com> on 2000/01/19 23:32:40 UTC

SimpleStartup is Broken

TomCat 3.0 Release

I'm having trouble getting the SimpleStartup.java source to compile:

 HttpServer server = new HttpServer(port, inet, hostname);
 try {
     URL url = resolveURL("webpages");
     server.setDocumentBase(url);

it seems that the HttpServer class has done away with the
setDocumentBase(URL) method. What should I use?

jim

Re: SimpleStartup is Broken

Posted by James Cook <ji...@iname.com>.
I don't know where to start or what ContextManager refers to. I am using a
slightly modified version of SimpleStartup to bootstrap a web server to
allow me to debug my beans in my IDE.

SimpleStartup works fine with the webserver.jar that is distributed with
JSWDK 1.0.1, however the setDocumentBase(URL) method has been left out in
the Tomcat 3.0 webserver.jar archive.

jim

Re: SimpleStartup is Broken

Posted by co...@costin.dnt.ro.
> it seems that the HttpServer class has done away with the
> setDocumentBase(URL) method. What should I use?

Try to use directly ContextManager, I think that's the
best way to start.

Let me know if you have problems, I'll try to fix Startup
( or if you can start it up - please send the new Startup
or a patch )

Costin