Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/04 08:34:24 UTC

[PROPOSE] ACS 4.18.1.0 release

Hi all,

Currently CloudStack 4.18.0.0 is the latest LTS release. There are some
bugs and pull requests with 4.18.0.0 [1], including the fix for the upgrade
issue if users use MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.

I would like to propose the release of 4.18.1.0 and the timeline

- from now till the end of July (3 months): accept bug fixes and minor
improvements [2]
- first week in Aug: stablisation efforts, accept only blocker and critical
bug fixes.
- Aug: start cutting RCs, vote and finish release work.

I will push myself as the release manager (RM) of 4.18.1.0, if nobody
objects.
In case anyone wants to include a bug fix or a pull request in 4.18.1.0
milestone, please mention me (weizhouapache) on github.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/27
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS

Any suggestions ?

Kind regards,
Wei

Re: [PROPOSE] ACS 4.18.1.0 release

Posted by "Katie F." <of...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!

--
Kathleen Foos

Re: [PROPOSE] ACS 4.18.1.0 release

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all.

Posted by Suresh Kumar Anaparti <su...@gmail.com>.
+1, Good luck Wei!

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Great, thanks Wei for volunteering

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

Posted by Suresh Kumar Anaparti <su...@gmail.com>.
+1, Good luck Wei!

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks for the update Wei.

Regards.

________________________________

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks for the update Wei.

Regards.

________________________________

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks for the update, Wei.
Good job so far!

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks for the update, Wei.
Good job so far!

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

The code freeze date of 4.18.1.0 release is due.

Please find all closed issues and merged PRs at
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A4.18.1.0+is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pulls?page=1&q=is%3Apr+milestone%3A4.18.1.0+is%3Aclosed

I will create RC1 and build packages for you to test.

-Wei

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Wei,

Thanks for taking care of the new release. For the next two weeks, my focus will be on assisting the community with the release of version 4.18.1.0. Please feel free to assign me to any pull requests or issues that require attention.

Kind regards,
Sina

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Wei,